Ongoing Integrative Multi-Dimensional Group Psychotherapy (check calendar for dates, time, and topics)
These Integrative Multidimensional Groups are designed to raise your consciousness and help you to develop a greater awareness of the emotional, physical, spiritual, and social matters which may be interfering with your quality-of-life (QOL). Consciousness raising will help you:
Gain mastery over negative behaviors and addictions; increase your optimism; increase your feelings of peace and forgiveness; access your body’s own natural healing abilities; discover what makes your heart sing; enhance creativity; develop a new sense of self; experience true joy; and assist you to experience and/or developing your Higher Consciousness (however, you personally define the concept).
- Group therapy is a process in which a number of people (usually no more than fifteen) gather with a trained psychotherapist to reduce their suffering and thereby improve their quality-of-life (QOL). It has the potential to achieve goals much quicker than individual psychotherapy. The following list includes some of the positive benefits of group therapy.
- Emotional and spiritual growth through the processes of catharsis, modeling, and reduction of the negative Egoic-Mind Paradigm (EMP)
- Instill hope, a sense of belonging, approval, and acceptance
- Discover commonality and universality
- Problem solve for self and others
- Create bonds and boundaries
- Build trust, natural empathy, and altruism
- Increase coping, communication, and stress & anger management skills
- Explore and accept the spiritual and multi-dimensional realities of self and others
Group therapy is recommended when:
- Problems are best treated in a social context
- Peer group pressure may enhance the effectiveness of problem solving
- Continued ongoing support and structure is essential to deal with chronic problems
- Creating bonds or learning about the impact one has on others is important for symptom resolution and growth
- Imparting useful solutions may be better heard from peers.
You will also be required to make a commitment to stay in the group for at least 8 weeks. You will be asked sign an agreement to be punctual, respectful, and assertive. Character assassinations, raised voices, manipulating, sexist or racist comments, etc will NOT be tolerated, and you will be required to leave the group if deemed inappropriate.
If you plan to use your insurance call and make your first appointment.
- If you are paying cash, fill out this PDF to enroll and fax to 860-236-1909. You will be screened for appropriateness by phone and required to show up at 6 pm – 1/2 hour early for your first group.
- Cost: $40.00 per group, payable prior to group starting. Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- There will also be a $40.00 no show charge for failure to provide 24 hour notice.